My Take On A Cookie Cake
January 1, 2013
What You Will Need
- 1 stick of butter (softened but not melted)
- 2 eggs
- 1 3/4 cup of sugar
- 2 Teaspoons of cinnamon
- 2 cups of flour
- 8 ounces of sour cream
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- 1 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 12 ounces of semi-sweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
2. In a large mixing bowl combine the following: 1 stick of butter, 2 eggs, and 1 cup of sugar. Mix until very Creamy
1. *Chefs Tip* I started with a wooden spoon and finished with electric beaters to achieve a smooth, creamy texture
3. In the same bowl add in: 2 cups of flour, 8 ounces of sour cream, 1 teaspoon of vanilla, 1 1/2 teaspoons of baking powder, 1 teaspoon of baking soda, and the 12 ounces of semi-sweet chocolate chips. Mix well.
1. *Chefs Tip* I used both a spoon and electric beaters to thoroughly mix the "cookie dough"
4. In a seperate bowl, combine 3/4 cup of sugar and 2 teaspoons of cinnamon
5. Grease a 13 x 9 pan with either shortening or non stick cooking spray
6. Pour half of the batter on the bottom, it should be a thin layer, just covering. Sprinkle half of the cinnamon-sugar mixture onto the bottom cookie layer.
7. Add the remaining batter on top of the cinnamon sugar. The batter should be a little uneven. Top with the remaining cinnamon-sugar mixture.
8. Finally, bake for 25-30 minutes at 350 degrees. Allow to cool for 10 minutes and enjoy.